Tuesday, May 13, 2008

13 May 1917 Part 2

The following year the Virgin Mary appeared to the children on 6 occasions from 13 May 1917 to 13 October of the same year. On the day of the first apparition the children were with their flocks at Cova Da Iria when they saw flashes of bright light.As they thought it was lightning they ran to seek shelter but saw a bright globe of light hovering over a small tree in their path.In the light was a woman in white holding a Rosary.

The Virgin said:

"Don't be afraid,I won't hurt you."

When asked by Jacinta where she came from,she replied

"I am from Heaven."

Jacinta asked her what she wanted.The Lady replied

"I come to ask you to come here for six months in succession, on the thirteenth day at this same hour. Then I will tell you who I am, and what I want. And afterwards I will return here a seventh time."

She told them "recite the rosary everyday to obtain peace in the world and the end of the war." World war I was in progress during this time.

When the children returned home, Jacinta told her family about the encounter but nobody believed it.

No comments: