Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Divine Mercy Part 20

This encounter with the Lord happened on 12 May 1935.

In the evening,I was just about to go into bed, and I fell asleep immediately. Though I fell asleep quickly, I was awakened more quickly. A little child came and woke me up. the child seemed about a year old, and I was surprised it could speak so well, as children of that age either do not speak or speak very indistinctly. The child was beautiful beyond words and resembled the Child Jesus, and he said to me,

Look at the sky.

And when I looked at the sky I saw the stars and the moon shining. Then the child asked me,

Do you see this moon and the stars?

When I said yes, he spoke these words to me,

These stars are the souls of the faithful Christians, and the moon is the souls of religious. Do you see how great the difference is between the light of the moon and the light of the stars? Such is the difference in heaven between the soul of a religious and the soul of a faithful Christian.True greatness is in loving god and in humility.

Page 188

No comments: